Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Writing prompt #2

"Name the top ten things on your bucket list."

You know, I never had a bucket list. Because having a bucket list is admitting that we have an expiration date. And I would like to think I'm going to live forever.

Of course I know this to not be true and that eventually my time will be over just as everyone else's. But I just never thought about what it is I truly wanted to accomplish before my time is up. Could I die tomorrow and be happy with all I had done? The answer is, yes! And not because I've seen and done everything. But because I've done the things that mean something.

I've had children, I've fallen in love, I met "the one" who remains in my life and is truly amazing. Even more then she knows. I've felt loved, I've experienced families, I've held hands in the moonlight. I've kissed under the stars and woken up next to my loves.

Sure there are still things I want to do and see. But if it never happens, I won't be sad or feel like I missed out. They're just there to enhance my already pretty grand life. So, my bucket list is probably more on the mild and boring side. But should not reflect or imply that I, myself am boring.

My bucket list includes and in no particular order.
- seeing my children grow up and seeing what they become.
- holding a grandchild in my arms someday
- seeing my beautiful daughter marry a truly amazing guy.
- having an actual wedding of my own. It scares me and excites me all at the same time! Mainly the standing up in front of a lot of people! (Speech flashbacks...)
- dancing with my daughter
- having another baby, I would love to hear the pitter patter of little feet one more time.
- going camping with my family.
- taking a cruise
- making it to Europe at least once.
- And of course Australia!

I think that's ten. I know none of them are exciting, like climbing mount Everest, or swimming the dolphins. Going on a safari and feeding a lion. Or ziplining thru the Amazon. Which would be fun! But not a loss if I never do. Or seeing the great wall of China, or the great pyramids. Stonehenge or the statues on Easter island.

The world is full of amazing, beautiful, historical, boundary pushing adventures. And if I get to experience some of them. Than great for me! If I don't... no biggie! The world is just too large to see and do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment