Friday, October 30, 2015

Writing prompt #7

"Create ten all-new funny scratch and sniff stickers. Describe the image and smell."

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to come up with ten. Haven't they already come up with every scratch and sniff smell?

When I was a kid I had a sticker collection. I don't think I ever told anybody that. I kept getting stickers from all sorts of things and places. Only I could never decide where to put them. So I kept them all in a brown folder. I even had some scratch and sniffs. A few that I remember we're burnt rubber and buttered popcorn. As you can imagine the burnt rubber was a stinky one.

So... let's see, I bet I could do a few Star Wars ones. The fan in me can imagine standing on Tattoine or standing next to a Jedi when they power up their lightsaber.

#1 Lightsaber - of course the picture would be a lightsaber. I can imagine the smell being a mixture of a stove element heating up and something electrical burning.

#2 Snow - snowflake  picture. Its a mixture of an earthy smell and right before it rains.

#3 Friends apartment - a picture of a living room. This is a newer smell to me. But has become a good smell at least to me. Its a mixture of cigarette smoke and perfume. But not like a bar. This is a sweet smoky smell.

#4 The Harbor - picture of a Dock. This one is one of my favorite smells that I can actually smell! Ha! I love walking out on the pier and feeling the wind blow over me. The smell of salt and sea life and whatever else the wind has carried along.

#5 The beach - sand and the water and a setting Sun in the horizon. Probably another favorite of mine. A mixture of salty sea air, suntan lotion and sunkissed skin.

#6 The mountains - a picture of a mountain. Also a favorite. Standing on the side of the mountain, the wind blowing. And this smell of fresh snow, pine trees and probably the freshest air you will ever breathe.

#7 Grandma's kitchen - a picture of a sweet old lady. I remember growing up and walking into my grandma's house. It was always a mixture of old smell, my grandma's perfume and the sweet odor of cookies and breads and cinnamon rolls. The smell of fresh cookies brings an instant comfort to me still.

#8 Vegetable garden - a medley of vegetables. Have you ever stood in the middle of a fresh garden? A mixture of this earthy smell and green plant smell. I can't really describe it. But green plants have a smell, its this musty sharp smell with a hint of sweetness and bitterness.

#9 Thanksgiving - a picture of a Turkey and dressing. Mmm, I almost drool thinking of this one. That smell of Turkey cooking in the oven, butter, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.

#10 Christmas - a picture of a Christmas tree. Christmas is my favorite holiday. Especially when I was growing up and had white Christmases. There was always the smell of pine, apple cinnamon and snow melting. Still brings a smile to my face.

It became easier to do this one. Once I started thinking of my favorite things and places. I'm pretty sure a few of those have already been done. But I don't care haha! Any of these smells excluding the lightsaber, only because I've never actually smelled one. The rest though all bring smiles to me. And any smell that brings a smile to my face I would want out there in the world. Because surely it makes others smile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment