Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Writing prompt #3

"If you wrote a song about your love life, what would the title be? Write the first verse."

This made me laugh when I first read it. Love life, what's that?? Yelling into the grand canyon, and "what's that?" echoing back at me.

Thoughts drift to a time so long ago. When I gave it all up, perhaps it's karma. Perhaps it's just life and this was the master plan all along. Either way, it all seems foreign to me now.

I may not have a love life, but that does not mean that I am without love. My heart is overflowing with love. You don't need to actually be with someone to love them. You don't need to hold them close to know that is where your heart belongs.

Love is fickle, it's like the lunar cycles making the waters wax and wane. I've seen it, I've experienced it first hand. How one can be the object of affection one day and barely a casual thought the next. That's not for me! "Today's catch of the day!" No thank you! Mmm it sure was delicious while it lasted... And guess what? Oh, look I'm hungry again! "Today's catch of the day!" Bum, Bum, Bummm!

I found a love that is stronger than anything I've ever known. The details don't matter... I know what's in my heart and it will forever be there. Just as the Sun will forever rise and set. The stars forever shining in the evening sky.

So... the song: "Today's catch of the day!"

" Looking off into the horizon
I see a glow and its getting brighter everyday!
Could this be it? Could this be the one?"

"Could I hold your hand, forget the past;
Wake up in your arms, and think.. at last!
Whisper sweet nothings, run my fingers
Thru your hair... would you care?"

"Or, am I Just the catch of the day!
A leaf in the wind, blowing, blowing away!
Where's the words, the voice to say... stay...
No, no, no! I'm Just the catch of the day!
Forever reaching after you've gone away..."

What do you think? A little bit of work it might actually be good! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment